For many home owners making the switch to fiberglass windows offers more benefits over traditional wood and vinyl replacement windows. In fact, when looking at the many advantages behind fiberglass windows, choosing fiberglass will offer any homeowner a variety of perks.
Top 10 Reasons for Choosing Fiberglass Replacement Windows
1. Fiberglass is much stronger than both wood and vinyl. Because of this strength, fiberglass replacement windows can be used for custom designs that require large window units. In fact, fiberglass is known for its strength and durability.
2. For any homeowner who is concerned about price, you’ll be glad to know that there is a very little price gap between fiberglass windows as opposed to buying wood or vinyl. In fact, more and more homeowners are getting concerned about their energy savings in our economy, and as a result, are making the switch to fiberglass.
3. When you invest in fiberglass replacement windows, they’re essentially maintenance-free, immune to moisture and are built to stand against harsh weather conditions. Heat and cold will have very little effect on fiberglass.
4. A fiberglass replacement window has been engineered for the minimum infiltration of air during heavy rain and wind conditions. This provides more protection for the homeowner in each room that they have fiberglass windows installed.
5. Fiberglass can be painted after it’s been installed as opposed to vinyl. This provides a great benefit to the owner who is building a home but has not yet decided on the final color schemes. In fact, they can also be repainted if you decide to choose a different a different color scheme over time.
6. Fiberglass is has better insulation when compared to wood replacement windows. This is due to the manufacturing process used to make these windows which results in a small amount of air that acts as insulation.
7. The very nature of fiberglass allows it to expand and contract as the weather changes. This is opposed to wood, which has a tendency to warp, sometimes causing the window frame to lose its integrity.
8. Fiberglass windows are energy efficient. This translates to saving money in heating and cooling costs month after month. Once your home is sealed, it stays that way.
9. Fiberglass is able to resist denting and fading. For the homeowner who lives in a neighborhood with children that play outside, there is no reason to fear a sudden baseball that missed the windows but hits the fiberglass frame instead.
10. Fiberglass is the ultimate “Green” choice. Vinyl is extremely toxic when heated.
As mentioned, fiberglass windows are easy to operate, can save the homeowner money in heating and cooling costs, are stronger than both wood and vinyl, and provide a wide range of benefits that outweigh any other choice. If you are looking to build your dream home, or if you are considering upgrading your windows, fiberglass is sure to deliver.
Thanks to modern technology, fiberglass replacement windows are now more affordable than they have been in the past. Making the choice to invest in the most energy efficient window will pay off month after month.